Destiny welcomes new team member Jessi Groce!
With more than seven years of experience, she is a dedicated Tennessee adoption advocate. Previously, she worked with a foster care agency in roles, including case management, adoption preparation, home study writing and placement coordination.
Join us in getting to know Jessi, who is a new adoption specialist and home study writer for Destiny Adoption in Tennessee, in this month’s staff spotlight.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- In my free time, I enjoy traveling, watching movies, spending time with my husband and our dog, crafting and trying new restaurants with friends.
- Are you an indoors or outdoors person?
- I prefer to be indoors — unless it is summer, and I can be on the lake!
- What are your favorite movies?
- I love Now and Then, Hairspray, The Greatest Showman, Pitch Perfect, The Intern and Hunger Games. And ANYTHING with Will Ferrell!
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- I have always been a morning person. I think I always will be.
- If there was an Olympics for everyday activities, what activity would you have a good chance at winning a medal in?
- Singing in the car. It’s like I’m secretly a rock star.
- Why adoption? Why do you dedicate yourself to it?
- My work in the foster care system has shown me the tremendous blessings that adoption provides to children and families. I wholeheartedly stand with Destiny’s mission to support and advocate for birth parents throughout what is quite possibly the most challenging and emotional experience of their lives.
- What’s your favorite adoption experience?
- My favorite adoption experience involved five young sisters who were able to remain together permanently after several years in foster care. I have been privileged to maintain contact with the adoptive family and watch these five beautiful girls as they have grown into amazing young women.
- If you were in charge of the world, what’s one thing you’d do to make it a better place?
- If it were possible to enforce kindness, that is one thing I would do to make the world a better place. I believe we should all be kind to all people, despite our differences.
Author: Destiny Adoption Services
Destiny Adoption Services is proud to support and guide birth parents and adoptive families on the journey of adoption. We’re a state licensed nonprofit adoption agency with four decades of adoption experience, and our professional team of experts includes moms, adoptive moms and birth mothers who provide compassion combined with trusted resources and skills.