- Where did you grow up and what did you like about it?
- I grew up in the beautiful state of Indiana. I loved the wide open spaces, all the farm animals, the winding gravel back roads and having my family close by. Basically, I lived a country song, and I loved it!
- Cat or dog?
- Both! I’m very inclusive. I love my dog needing me and love that my cat only needs me sometimes.
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream and your earliest memory of first having it?
- Mint Chocolate chip all the way. Don’t remember the first time tasting it, but the first time I gave it up for Lent I very quickly found a candy that tasted the same. That still counts as giving it up, right?
- Why adoption? Why do you dedicate yourself to it?
- I have been blessed to work with the Cuffaro family for years so I have been able to watch from a distance the beautiful and sometimes unpleasant side of adoption. Watching Lisa maneuver through the adoption journey made me realize the huge impact that can be made on so many lives. I wanted to be a part of that forever decision.
Now that I am in the middle of it all, I am hooked — hooked on making our Birth Mom’s feel important, loved and appreciated. Hooked on making sure that the behind the scenes administrative stuff is done with the excellence that this major journey requires. I’m also hooked on bringing all I can and all my gifts to the table for this amazing team that I am blessed to find myself in the midst of.
- What’s your favorite adoption experience?
- I was able to attend two finalizations at the courthouse last year, and I cried. Getting to see the beginning of these two non-traditional forever families being created was such a gift. Both of these families chose open adoption, knowing that this beginning still included our beautiful birth moms. This made my heart happy.
- If you were in charge of the world, what’s one thing you’d do to make it a better place?
- I think we live in a world where a lot of people are quick to find faults in themselves. This has resulted in a lot of unhappy people. If I could change one thing, it would be that each person could only see the beauty in themselves and others and that each person would bring that gift confidently, ultimately making the world stronger and better!
Learn more about the Destiny team.
Author: Destiny Adoption Services
Destiny Adoption Services is proud to support and guide birth parents and adoptive families on the journey of adoption. We’re a state licensed nonprofit adoption agency with four decades of adoption experience, and our professional team of experts includes moms, adoptive moms and birth mothers who provide compassion combined with trusted resources and skills.