People want to work with people — not businesses or agencies. To have your needs met, you want be heard, understood, and you want to be able to interact and engage with us to meet your goals.
For that reason, we want you to know the people at Destiny Adoption and meet them through our staff spotlights. This month our team member spotlight is on Joy May.
- Where did you grow up and what did you like about it?
- I grew up in a small town in eastern Hillsborough County known as Plant City, Florida. I like Plant City because of the small town atmosphere, the welcoming and friendly people, and the slower pace of life. I have strong family ties to the area, and family has always been at the forefront of my life.</lidd
- Cat or dog?
- I’ve only owned dogs so I have to say I am partial to dogs. I find them to sociable, devoted, and fun.
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream and your earliest memory of first having it?
- As a child, I ate lots of rainbow sherbet. I remember eating it as fast as I could on a hot summer day so it wouldn’t melt all over my fingers.
- Why adoption?
- I feel like every child deserves the best life possible, and I dedicate myself to making that a reality.
- What’s your favorite adoption experience?
- Though I have many memorable experiences from nearly 17 years in the adoption field, I cannot precisely say that I have a single, finite, favorite memory. My favorite experiences are those which result in the successful placement and creation of wonderful families through the hard work and dedication of case workers and legal staff at Destiny Adoptions.
- If you were in charge of the world, what’s one thing you’d do to make it a better place?
- If I were in charge of the world, the one thing I would change to make the world a better place is to enforce the Golden Rule — treat others as you would want to be treated.
Learn more about Joy and the Destiny team.
Author: Destiny Adoption Services
Destiny Adoption Services is proud to support and guide birth parents and adoptive families on the journey of adoption. We’re a state licensed nonprofit adoption agency with four decades of adoption experience, and our professional team of experts includes moms, adoptive moms and birth mothers who provide compassion combined with trusted resources and skills.