Should You Choose Adoption?
If you are currently not ready to parent a child, adoption may be right for you. We’re here to explain your options, adoption benefits and the adoption process. We’re also here to assist you with your overall life situation because our hope is that your experience will be a one of growth and a positive, new start for you.
Impact on Birth Mothers
Adoption statistics show that outcomes for women who place their child for adoption:
- Are more likely to finish school and pursue higher education
- Are less likely to live in poverty and receive public assistance
- Attain better employment, earn more income and achieve greater financial stability
- Are more likely to marry in the future, delay marriage longer and are less likely to divorce
- Report satisfaction with their decision for adoption
Impact on Children
The Adoption USA report describes adoption experiences and the level of well-being of adopted children and their families. Compared to non-adoptive children, adopted children are:
- Less likely to live in households below poverty status
- More likely to live in safe neighborhoods
- More likely to have health insurance than children in the general population
- 85 percent are in excellent or very good health
- Nearly 75 percent ages 0-5 are read and sang to on a daily basis compared to only half of non-adopted children
- 85 percent ages 6-17 participate in extracurricular activities
- More than half of adopted children eat dinner with their family an average of six days a week
This glimpse into the lives of birth mothers, choosing adoption, and adopted children shows that adoption has a high rate of success, improving long-term health, well-being, safety and stability. When you’re not ready for an unplanned pregnancy and the responsibility of parenthood, adoption can lead to a positive outcome for everyone.
Together, we write adoption stories, shaping the destiny of you and your child.
Destiny Adoption is a private adoption agency serving Florida and Tennessee with more than four decades of adoption experience. For more information regarding the Destiny Design Program, please contact us.