Last November, we announced the opening of our Tennessee office and welcomed our new executive director for Tennessee, Kristen McBee.
Since then, there have been many exciting new developments!
- We moved to a new office location in Knoxville that offers greater privacy for our birth moms and adoptive parents. Our new office is a stone cottage built in 1927 that sits on 3 acres of land — a private tree-lined driveway welcomes you.Our new address and phone number are:
Destiny Adoption Services — Tennessee
13047 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37934
- Through our partnership with The Empty Cup, we provided “Tuesday Talks” in March and October. We shared information related to adoption and the mission of The Empty Cup to help rethink adoption fundraising — as people pour into The Empty Cup, they pour back out to local families in the form of adoption grants.
- We joined the Knoxville Area Foster Care and Adoption Ministries (KAFCAM), which is a regional alliance composed of local churches, agencies, ministries, and community advocates. Together, we work to encourage, equip, and connect to serve foster and adoptive children and families in the Knoxville area. Also, we advocate for family preservation when possible.
- We continue to be a member of the Tennessee Alliance for Children and Families and are proud to be hosting their meeting and adoption gathering in December 2018.
- We have welcomed Ted Kern, our agency attorney for Destiny in Tennessee. He is an Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys (AAAA) member and has been a tremendous help to us. We are thrilled to have him representing our agency.
- Lisa Cuffaro, our founder and executive director, travels between Florida and Tennessee to support the exciting growth of our agency in both states — she is a real-life superhero!
Also, Kristen, who has a nine-year background in social work, including foster care and adoption, continues to champion for birth parents, children and adoptive families. As do the Florida Destiny Adoption locations, the Tennessee office continues to provide post-adoption support to birth moms.
Free lifetime counseling and a Birth parent support group are provided to help birth parents to hope, heal, overcome addiction, secure jobs, gain stability and empower themselves. Birth parent support group meetings are held monthly and are based on the curriculum created by Lifetime Healing, a post-placement care organization dedicated to resources and tools for birth parents.
Author: Destiny Adoption Services
Destiny Adoption Services is proud to support and guide birth parents and adoptive families on the journey of adoption. We’re a state licensed nonprofit adoption agency with four decades of adoption experience, and our professional team of experts includes moms, adoptive moms and birth mothers who provide compassion combined with trusted resources and skills.